12.29.2006

Soundtrack of '06

2006 is on its way out, and 2007 is almost here...

After the New Year, it seems there's not much to look forward to after the myriad of parties in December. There's cold weather and the next holiday- Valentine's Day? But, don't forget with a new year also comes-- new albums!

Rumor has it that we'll be getting new albums from Bloc Party, Arcade Fire, Of Montreal, Modest Mouse, Air, Radiohead, Cat Power, Wilco, Patty Griffin, and yes! The Postal Service.

My fingers will constantly be crossed in hopes that these albums are as good as their predecessors.

Until then... I thought I'd reflect on some of MY favorite albums from this past year.

In no particular order...

~Camera Obscura's: 'Let's Get Out of This Country'
Favorite track: Razzle Dazzle Rose

~The Decemberists: 'The Crane Wife'
Favorite track: O Valencia!

~Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins: 'Rabbit Fur Coat'
Favorite track: You Are What You Love

~Beth Orton: 'Comfort of Strangers'

Favorite track: Conceived (tough choice!)

~Cat Power: 'The Greatest'Favorite Track: Title Track- The Greatest

~Yeah Yeah Yeahs: 'Show Your Bones'
Favorite track: Turn Into (Best live show of the year, too!)

~Band of Horses: 'Everything all the Time'

Favorite track: I Go to the Barn Because I Like The

~The Raconteurs: 'Broken Boy Soldiers'


Favorite track: Steady as She Goes

~The Flaming Lips: 'At War With The Mystics'


~"Little Miss Sunshine" Soundtrack

Favorite track: How it Ends by Devotchka

~El Perro Del Mar: 'El Perro Del Mar'

Favorite track: Here Comes That Feeling

I know- not many surprises here. If you look in my album library, you'll find many of these artists previous albums or collaborations. But, I did find some new gems that I really love.

Here's to 2007-Hoping my ears are pleasantly surprised!

1 comment:

ali said...

Thanks for gathering and spooning up the insider's scoop on expected 2007 albums. I trust that they will not disappoint. They better not. And your list of 2006 faves has me yearning for mix club.