Turn your iPod on, go to Shuffle Songs, and name the first 10 songs that come up. No skipping songs! (Especially those you'd rather not admit that are actually on your iPod. That would be cheating.)
Here goes mine:
2. 'Go' by The Innocence Mission... I swear, probably 3/4 of my iPod is packed with The Innocence Mission; they're one of my favorite bands. Such beautiful music, and this track is no exception.
4. 'First Day of My Life' by Bright Eyes. This song holds a special place in my heart. It's a song Jeff and me used on our wedding video. Jeff and I are big fans of Mr. Oberst.
6. 'The First Five Times' by Stars. Ms. Ali introduced me to this band; I was skeptical at first- a bit too poppy for my tastes at the time. But, now, I really adore this band. (Their new album is just as great as 'Heart.')
8. 'Christmas Time is Here' from The Royal Tennenbaum Soundtrack. Wow. Christmas must be on the brain. I love that Mothersbaugh picked this Charlie Brown Christmas anthem. Just listening to it now gets me excited for holly berries, hot cocoa, and icicles.
10. 'Pencil Rot' by Stephen Malkmus. Gotta love Malkmus. Jeff and I saw him play at Liquid Joe's years ago- what a show it was! I love the chorus in this song.
Now, it's your turn; do the shuffle...!