3.26.2007

sweet Dallas.

(This is the only picture I could quickly find. Dallas resting in one of her favorite spots to keep cool.)

On Friday night our family lost one of our beloved pets. We've had Dallas since my older brother got her 15 years ago... She instantly became a loyal friend. She let all the nieces and nephews pull on her ears and tail without any mind. She protected the house by barking at any "intruders" walking by. She always welcomed you home. She was the kind of pet you hoped for.

Dallas even survived jumping out of a 2-story window, (True story- but an entirely different story.) years ago, and dragged herself home on two broken legs. She always came home.

Needless to say, Dallas will be missed. She was a good doggy.

9 comments:

Lorilee said...

Lacey, you made me cry.
I'm sorry for your loss, from one family pet owner to another.

Kim said...

Lacey you had me teary eyed. Polly told me about this last night and I'm so sorry. I'll miss Dallas too! What a cute dog.

drew said...

I'm so sorry Lacey. There's a special place in my heart for dogs, and I know how hard it is to lose one. I hope your family is well.

p.s. I love the photo! I had to laugh at how funny dogs can be. The other day my parent's dog took the lid off their crock-pot and ate a three pound roast. Impressive, considering the dog only weighs about ten pounds! The best part of the story though is that since she had done that once before, this time they put the crock-pot in the oven while it cooked the roast. The dog got IN THE OVEN, opened the pot, and ate the whole roast!

ali said...

We will miss you and your brave heart, Dallas. Thanks for making your family feel happy and safe.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Lacey. I recently lost my rotweiler (sp?) Trango, so I know how hard it is to lose a dog.

allison said...

ahh lacey, that makes me so sad! I'm so sorry for your loss...

all dogs go to heaven :)

Lacey Jane said...

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I've realized that it definitely was her time to go...

Andrew! Loved your story about your family dog. Dallas was also a sly one; she'd open the door herself, and was always able to sneak her nose into the cupboard where her treats were to steal a few.

(See why dogs are much better than kitties?)

Anonymous said...

Nice picture Lace Face
Everytime I open the door, I think I will see her lying there on the floor~SAD

jamieanne said...

This made me cry. Tears. If you'd like you could take Miss Famous for a bit. Though she has been diagnosed with seasonal depression, I think she's gotten over it. She's good at cuddling and consoling. Plus, she's really really smart.