4.30.2007

"Being a Jazz Fan Sucks…"

So said my little sister while we were watching the Jazz game tonight. Game 4. They really needed to win. But, they didn’t.

My little sister was right: it really does suck being a Jazz fan. I was so hopeful throughout the entire game: the Jazz were winning the majority of the game. Okur even had a couple 3-pointers; Millsap had some great rebounds; Boozer made shots over Yao, but A.K.! C’mon- you can do better. (That’s another drawback about being a Jazz fan. Getting angry, really angry, with the players for not making a clutch shot. Don’t even get me started on Fischer’s performance.)

After the past 2 games, where the Jazz have beat the Rockets no problem, I was confident that we would have a similar success tonight. But, during the 4th quarter, I knew it was bad. (So bad, in fact, I couldn’t even watch.) You know when you want something so bad (Yes, even a Jazz win.) that when it doesn’t happen the disappointment can be overwhelming? I’m turning into this. With the Jazz. Me. I didn’t even watch much of the regular season. What’s happening to me?

I think it started when the Jazz were close to ‘showing us the title.’ I really wanted the Jazz to win. Malone, Stockton, and Sloan deserved a title… They really did. I watched the games and learned about the popular players and teams they played for. (I even had a slight crush on Reggie Miller.) And, there is the possibility that watching basketball could be related to the small, yet very apparent, competitive nature in me. I like victories… who doesn’t?

At any rate, I’m totally wrapped up in this series. (I’ll probably be missing dance on Thursday night just to watch the next game. We have to win.) Mainly because- I know they can do it… at least beat Houston… not sure about Dallas/Golden State.

Jazz- stop having close 4th quarters. You’re giving all of us fans heart attacks by the end of the game… Just win already! Then... being a Jazz fan wouldn’t suck so bad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will take the blame for last night.

I forgot the game was on and failed to watch. This is also what happened for games 1 & 2. But when I watched games 3 & 4 they smoked those fools.

I apologize and will watch the game on Thursday.

drew said...

"Show me the title."

Anonymous said...

I never new you loved the jazzercise so much!!

Kim said...

How could you not be a Jazz fan with Pam as your mother! I'm glad your family is so into the Jazz, it makes me happy. I'll cross my fingers for the game tonight.