5.02.2007

angela+jordan

I was obsessed with 'My So Called Life.' (My mom wouldn't let me watch it, so I had to sneak and watch it- flipping to different channels when she was in the same room.)

I think it was because I could relate to Angela... she was awkward, I was awkward, she had a crush on the dreamy, popular boy and I had crushes on those boys that I knew would never feel the same about me. But, one of the best things about this show, was THAT guy fell for THAT girl... (The Broiler Room episode is a favorite of mine. Didn't you love how Angela loved that one spot on Jordan's neck where his hair fell?)

My sister invested in all the VHS tapes some years ago. But, the good news is, they are re-releasing this series on DVD and including bonus scenes. I can't wait to re-live all the high school angst (zits and all), hearing Jordan sing 'I Wanna Be Sedated,' and watching Claire Daines young, fresh face.

I love this show.

6 comments:

marta said...

lacey, thanks for the 411. i adore this show and never got the dvds. now here's my chance!! who doesn't just love angela, jordan, rayanne, rickie and brian?!!

the episode where brian writes the love note to angela for jordan is the best. and i love the broiler room scenes too. 'you've got a tiny leaf in your hair..'

best news today.. thanks. we should definitely do a claire night.

Colleen said...

I can't even tell you how happy this makes me. I shared in your obsession and have a crush on Jared Leto to this day. Ask Jim, he'll tell you. :)

Anonymous said...

I also love Jared!! Lets watch them together Lace face-can't wait.

ali said...

Um, who doesn't love a little Claire Danes. Babealicious.

Unknown said...

Brecke and I got to see Jared sing in his band!! Remember Brecke? It was hilarious. He wore fingerless gloves. And his nails had perfectly chipped black polish.

Sarah said...

I share your love of My So Called Life. I think my favourite part was when Jordan came up to Claire at her locker and they walked off together and he took her hand. Sweet! I also loved it when they had Buffalo Tom on. I love that song Late at Night - it reminds me of My So Called Life. I think I have a videotape with some episodes on somewhere but I shall have to hunt out the dvds over here. Cheers!