6.16.2007

Finally.


I finally got to see Waitress tonight, and I adored it. I laughed, even cried, and thought it was so sweet. (Though, I'll admit, the movie could've ended 3 scenes earlier.)

Keri Russell did a fabulous job playing Jenna. Loved it.

Another thing I love about movies? The previews... One preview in particular caught my attention- ears first. The movie Once previewed, and as soon as I jumped on the Internet tonight I searched for this movie to find who was singing the beautiful music, which the movie's mainly about.

Come to find out- it's leading man of The Frames, and the lovely female voice belongs to Marketa Irglova. (After we saw the preview, Jeff and I both thought this movie was loosely based on Damien Rice, and his muse Lisa Hannigan...)

At any rate, it's another movie I look forward to viewing.

To see the preview that prompted this small obsession to find these voices, visit here.

Or, to listen to the duo from the preview, visit The Swell Season's myspace page, and listen to the beautiful song "If You Want Me".

And finally, to hear The Frames, listen here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - beautiful song! Thanks for sharing the link!

Aimee said...

I'm glad you liked the movie! I've seen it twice now and really enjoyed it. It was so sad and so funny. It was just one of those slice of life movies that make me love movies. I don't care for the big action, big budget movies all the time.

One of my favorite parts was when he was just holding her and the voice over part was just so beautifully written. I can't imagine that kind of saddness.

Thanks for the Once links too. I think that looks like a great movie.

Did Jeff like it too?

Anonymous said...

That does look good. Another one that looks good is Evening with Claire Daines and Glenn Close and a few other big names.

Colleen said...

I cried too, when she was falling in love with her baby girl. So sweet.

Anonymous said...

Loved it, I've been thinking about all day. Its amazing what happens when you become a mother.