6.11.2007

Mystery Solved!


I've been digging and digging for an early Metric album that seemed to be either a figment of my imagination or unattainable. I had proof that it existed; Ali owned it. But, I couldn't find it... anywhere.


Well, the mystery's been solved. The album, Grow Up and Blow Away, was first released on a smaller label called Restless Records, but then was shelved when a bigger label bought out Restless.

And, now it's been re-released today. This album feels more relaxed, less relying on heavy rhythm, and sounds more simple. I really like it. (More Broken Social Scene-ish, which is another one of Emily Haines contributions.)

To listen, preview on iTunes here. (I really like Soft Rock Star.)

Also out is the newest album from The Concretes... I love new music.

No comments: