2.11.2008

A Tree Grows In Brooklyn

Someone's Book

After being oh-so-inspired by this book, I started reading "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn." I can't remember where I picked up this borrowed copy. (Is it yours, mom?) But, what I do know: someone has already highlighted, crossed-out, and read this copy.

Some of the passages are highlighted, like this one for instance:

"A woman, big with child, sat patiently at the curb in a stiff wooden chair. She sat in the hot sunshine watching the life on the street and guarding within herself, her own mystery of life."

I love that this phrase impacted someone, somewhere, because I also love this.

And, some of the words have been forcefully blacked out- I'm thinking there could've been some curse words used. But, that's okay, if I really have to know what they were, I think I can try and imagine what they were.

But, I'm really enjoying this book, and especially with these added mark-ups... makes it seem a bit more magical.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

That's one of my favorite books of all time! I hope you enjoy it!

becky said...

great book lacey! i have a copy if you want to read all the words...wink, wink!

Colleen said...

I just read that one a few months ago and really loved it.

Unknown said...

how fun is that? i love it. that book has been on my nightstand forever. someday...

Kim said...

I've been looking for a new book to read, I might have to pick this one up.

Anonymous said...

I finally read that book last month and I just adore it. Love the pictures.