10.13.2008

Cheesecake

I made my very first Cheesecake this weekend, per Jeff's request.

I'm not a fan of Cheesecake (give me chocolate instead!), but Jeff and my family approved. And, I had lots of fun baking this:


Cheesecake... yum


Recipe:

Best Cheesecake
12 whole graham crackers, finely crushed
1/2 C. sugar
1/4 C. melted butter
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 C. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 pint sour cream
1/3 C. sugar
1 t. vanilla

Combine graham crackers, 1/2 cup sugar, and butter in a medium bowl. Press mixture into the bottom of greased 8-inch springform pan. Chill.

Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Place on top of crust and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool 30 minutes to 1 hour on a cooling rack.
In another bowl combine sour cream, the 1/3 cup sugar, and vanilla. Pour on top of cream cheese mixture and smooth out. Bake for 7 more minutes at 450 degrees. Refrigerate overnight. This must be made a day ahead. Top with berries (Jeff chose cherries.) or other topping of your choice. Makes about 8 servings.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

This looks so good, I am not a huge cheesecake person either but mmm right now I would love some : )

Nicole Marie said...

oh my goodness. cheesecake is my absolute favorite!