2.12.2009

Piano

Piano

P i a n o:
a large musical instrument consisting of a keyboard fixed to a wooden case containing metal wires stretched across a frame. It is played by pressing the keys, each of which is attached to a small hammer that strikes one or more of the wires to sound a note.

Growing up, I took piano lessons from the same piano teacher for nine years. She was a fabulous pianist who taught me how to read music, know the difference between forte and piano, what a staccato note does, how to keep a steady rhythm while playing, but especially- how to love playing.

I've recently begun teaching piano to share the love I have for this instrument. If you are located around SLC, and are interested in having your kids (or you) learn (or re-learn) the piano, feel free to contact me.

I'll only be taking a handful of students, so let me know if you're interested!

Email: laceycarl (at) yahoo (dot) com.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lacey, what a great idea! I wish I could take lessons! I used to play too when I was a kid but have lost almost all my reading skills. sad.

ali said...

I can't think of a better piano teacher. What other talents do you have up your sleeve, missy? I can't believe all that you're capable of.