12.31.2009

Favorite Songs of 2009

I wasn't planning on doing a "Best of" music post this year... mainly because I wasn't thee best listener this year. However, last night Jeff and I were going through all of our CDs looking for that one album we were dying to listen to, and I realized how much I love music. And, even though I wasn't the best music connoisseur this year, I still had favorites.

They include (in no particular order):

01. "You Told a Lie" by Camera Obscura from Maudlin Career (This is my favorite album of the year too.)

02. "You and I" by Wilco featuring Feist. Watch here.

03. "The Giant of Illinois" by Andrew Bird from "Dark Was the Night" compilation

04. "Basic Space" by XX

05. "Skeletons" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs

06. "Cheerleader" by Grizzly Bear

07. "Eet" by Regina Spektor

08. "I Was Only Going Out" by Loney, Dear

09. "Gimme Sympathy (Acoustic)" by Metric

10. "Knotty Pine" by Dirty Projectors and David Byrne from "Dark Was the Night" compilation.

11. "Middle Cyclone" by Neko Case

12. "In These Arms" by The Swell Season

13. "Laughing With a Mouth of Blood" by St. Vincent

14. "All Is Love" From "Where the Wild Things Are" soundtrack by Karen O and the Kids

15. "The First Days of Spring" by Noah and the Whale. Watch here.

16. "I Wish It Was Christmas Today" cover by Julian Casablancas... this just made the cut this week. Jeff and I cannot get this song out of our head- I have a feeling it'll stick in your head too.

More fantastic "Best of" lists here and here. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Maeve said...

Ahhh. I agree with you on so many of these!

Tori said...

Love it! I agree with a lot too, i think my fav is wilco with feist! Great list, can't wait to hear your picks for the new year!

Aimee said...

Thanks for putting this together Lacey. Can't wait to listen.

Jo said...

oh wow! so nice to listen to your favorite songs!!

happy new year lacey, may 2010 be full of music and joy :)

Les said...

Thanks for the shout out Lacey!

So many good songs on this list.

Wasn't the Julian Casablancas/Roots/Horatio Sanz/Jimmy Fallon late night collaboration wonderful!

Carlye Momma said...

Oh I am really enjoying these songs! Thanks for sharing!

Sarah Engel said...

oooh, i love that you made this list, such great songs and so many of my favorite artists. can't wait to check out new ones. x