11.26.2006

Carlson's Cloud 9


Jeff and I drove up to Oakley on Saturday... My dad needed Jeff's help lifting big logs, logs which will be used to build the future Carlson Cabin.

(Hopefully the family will come up with a more creative cabin name... How about Carlson's Cloud 9? Cabin names always have to be a bit tacky.)

There was lots of man work going on... But, I coerced Jeff into letting me tag along. (Conveniently enough, the Park City Outlets are on the way.)
I didn't lift any logs, but I did play an intense game of Go Fish! and Slap Jack with Elliot. We also got to sled a little bit... (I did get injured though. Okay- just barely- got scraped on the snow after Jeff gave us a heave-ho down the hill. I fell off after only 2 seconds.)
We also ate a delicious Chocolate Shake at Dick's Drive-In in Kamas, and found a good deal on jeans at the Outlets. I for one can't wait for a dreamy respite at Carlson's Cloud 9! But, until then, a day-trip to Oakley with my husband will definitely suffice.

3 comments:

Kim said...

That looks like so much fun. I love the cabin trips and can't wait for a cabin all your own!

My Three Monkeys said...

Lacey Jane I think Carlson's Cloud 9 is a inspired name for the cabin! I can't wait for our cabin, but I will be sad when you all go up with your great friends without us! we have loved getting to know them all. mom

Anonymous said...

That picture of the road is awesome
Im not sold on cloud nine, but I still love you