11.28.2006

It's UP!

Last month I was wishing for a patient, slow November. With December comes cold, frosty windows, ice-scrapers, tense neck muscles from being so cold, and mall craziness… (Yes, Jeff, Polly, and I attempted the midnight shopping extravaganza at Fashion Place Mall. But, after observing the back-up on the freeway, and the inability to find a parking space anywhere, we got the heck out of there.)

I’m pretty sure it wasn’t the bag of Mint M&M candies (those are so good, they’re bad!) I’ve already eaten. Maybe it was the trip up to Oakley, or the smell of the Evergreen candle the Crowleys gave us last year- but, something initiated the Christmas Spirit in me early.

So, we put our tree up Sunday evening. Last year, I collected small goodies from our first Christmas. First stockings, first fake tree (hey! It did come pre-lit.), first tree skirt, first ornaments, first friend Christmas party in our own home, first Christmas morning, so many firsts. I must be anticipating re-living all those firsts…

I've got an entire 29 days to enjoy the free spirit that comes with Christmas... And with a nice cup of Cocoa and some sweet Christmas Carols (thanks for the ideas, Ali), I feel like an 8 year old me anticipating my sea-green scooter from Santa...

I can't wait!

3 comments:

Lorilee said...

Lacy-- I love, love, love your new banner! I haven't really been feeling too "christmassy" yet this year, but your most recent post has helped me be a little more open to the idea. Your tree is spectacular!

ali said...

Hey! I was once the recipient of a sea-green scooter (my favorite color in fourth grade; I was obsessed) but mine was from Mom, not Santa. There it was, sitting in front of the fireplace... Hooray for sea-green scooters! And Christmas!

Kim said...

Your Christmas tree made me want to go home and put up mine. I haven't yet but I love how pretty yours looks. Very inspiring.