1.10.2007

My "Last Kiss..."


Oh boy, I knew it! I knew The Last Kiss would be a terrible, depressing movie. And yet? I watched.

Sure, there's always the soundtrack to look forward to- but, even then- disappointing! (C'mon- a Coldplay song for the musical montage during a down-pour for the scene of regret?)

I don't know what I was thinking... Jeff went off to have game night, so I'd stay home with a movie he would never watch. I am a sucker for a good chick flick... But, this one, t.e.r.r.i.b.l.e!

The storyline was pointless-- Men feeling like they have made the wrong choices, and then trying to live with the consequences. Or, for Zach Braff's character- being terrified that he will never again experience another surprise for the rest of his life... Never experience another first kiss... Oh brother! Get over it! And the women in this movie- they were portrayed as high-maintenanced, emotional baggage that men have to try and get accustomed to. Puke. That's right- puke.

And the acting: wow, the leading lady kept slipping in and out of an English/British accent. And, I just don't see Zach Braff as a dramatic actor. He'll always be Newbie to me. (His 'Scrubs' character.)

I should've stuck with my gut on this one: Don't watch it. You will have wasted 99 minutes that could've spent in a much happier place. Not to mention, it is rated R, and I am once again reminded why I should not watch these types of movies.

So, again, don't let this movie be your Last Kiss, it'll simply leave a bad taste in your mouth. Seriously.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we watched the orignal Italian version (twice because Maeve forgot we already rented it a long time ago so we rented it again) and I found it to be way too frustrating. What a miserable life the main guy lives.

Kim said...

Sounds really depressing. Thanks for letting me know. I won't be watching.

ali said...

Your sad account makes me laugh. I will not be adding it to my Netflix list.

Anonymous said...

Ya right Lacey I loved it! I cried and I thought Zach Braff was funny.
I judge you

Anonymous said...

well you could have been reading Atlas Shrugged! mom please make that dessert and share

Lorilee said...

Thanks for the tip Lacey.. nice to know it's a waste of time. How was Rachel Bilson in it? I assume (from your review) very bad...

Colleen said...

I watched it solely based on the merits of Garden State and felt the same way. He was basically a loser.