1.08.2007

Love the Story, Love the Cover, Love It!


Outside of Junior High, have any of you re-read To Kill a Mockingbird? Well, if this newly designed cover doesn't convince you to, maybe this entry can.

I rediscovered one of my favorite novels last summer when Jeff and I re-read this book. We even rented the 1962 movie starring Gregory Peck; we couldn't get enough of the story. (As usual, the movie did not live up to the novel.)

My favorite character of all time? Scout Finch... so endearing, lovable, and inspiring. I had to re-read the ending twice; the first time my tears got in the way.

I love Harper Lee's writing style... there are many scenes that leave you breathless, smiling, and, as mentioned above, aching.

I know. I know. This is a classic, so many of you already know what an amazing book it is. But after my cousin Annelise mentioned that she hadn't yet read it, I remembered my adore for this book.

And, with the newly designed cover, which I love, it's all the more reason to learn more about Scout, Jem, Dill, Atticus, and, of course, Boo...

So, here's a fabulous book recommendation for YOU to read this year...

(If only Jeff loved the name Scout as much as I do, there would be a Scout Pappas in the family... someday.)

4 comments:

ali said...

Um, this is my favorite book of ALL time. I read it voluntarily in 7th grade--literally locked myself in the bedroom of our rented condo (house had recently burned down)--and didn't leave until the last page was turned. It's a wonderful memory. I can still see the ivy pattern on my sheets that set the backdrop.

Scout Finch was my all-time favorite book character for many years. So much so, that I considered naming my firstborn after her. Until Demi Moore used it, and the Lees named their dog the same. Anyway. Oskar from "Extremely Loud" has replaced Scout, I think. Maybe. But she really is amazing, isn't she?

Kim said...

I just bought this book because I've been dying to read it again. I'm excited to open it back up. I love it!

Anonymous said...

I am so surprised that you guys like a book about hunting. I thought I knew all of you a little better.

Anonymous said...

Jeff doesn't have a say your the one whos body will never be the same after carrying her for 9 months name her Scout.