1.19.2007

My Life as a 19 Year Old...

At dance last night, Camie and I were talking about how we still felt so youthful, young at heart, 19... 19? That was almost 8 years ago!

So, I thought back to my 19-20 year old self and realized that I can still do what I did then-- now. I went on many road-trips with fun friends- (The Moab trip featured on the left is still one of my favorites.) And, I was discovering hot indie acts at live shows.

This hobby went on for some time… I even went to shows by my lonesome self at Kilby Court (where I met Ben Gibbard, I might add), and Salt Air. (Adam Duritz was singing directly to me; I just know it.)

After seeing Bonnie “Prince” Billy a few months ago, I realized how much I enjoy live music. I also realized, how youthful I felt being there... Plus, there’s still many good bands to discover and experience again, so if you want to feel like a 19 year old again, hop in a car full of friends, drive to Moab, OR see these shows:

**The Shins at In the Venue February 16th.

**Joshua Radin for any of you hopeless romantics at The Urban Lounge February 8th.

**Ben Kweller and, have any of you heard his new song? Mighty catchy... See him at In the Venue February 13th. (Oh ya, we saw him up at Red Fest; I really liked it.)

**Badly Drawn Boy Okay- in years past, this was one of my favorite shows... at the Urban Lounge March 19th.

**Aqueduct at the Urban Lounge April 25th.

And, there you go... I just don't want to have that awful haircut I did at 19... But, I would like to be my 19 year old self, just one more time.

3 comments:

ali said...

Ha! That photo is hi-larious.

Anonymous said...

I love that Ryan looks exactly the same!

Kim said...

I'm dying at that picture. I love it. You guys look so different! Except Ryan.