1.30.2007

Where Do You Find Inspiration?

Lately, I've been really inspired by my husband's art-work. Actually, I'm always awe-inspired with his ability, but it seems that lately, there's been an extra burst of inspiration in his creations.

It got me thinking... where do you find inspiration?

When I used to work downtown, one afternoon I was waiting at a stop light. I looked out my window, and saw a yellow, smiley-faced balloon floating in the sky. I took a mental snapshot of that image because, for whatever reason, it inspired me.

That was the initial purpose of this blog. I wanted to share
words,
music and/or
images that were inspiring.

With that said, I'll be posting more pictures, probably random pictures, that left me feeling inspired and happy:blissful.

The above image is Jeffrey finishing his largest piece to date. He previously created this same image on a much smaller scale, and thought he would create a much larger version of it.

Luckily, I find much inspiration in Jeff's studio. With his pieces covering our walls, I'm literally surrounded... So, whether it's Jeff's pieces, a balloon, or another image, I'll snapshot it, and share it... and, who knows? maybe a happy:blissful inspiration will follow.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I'm really excited to see what you come up with!

ali said...

I find inspiration in balloons too, Lacey. I think I'm obsessed with them. Especially if a blue sky is the backdrop.

I also find inspiration in my friends' blogs. :) But more often than not, I can't figure out what to do with my inspiration. It paralyzes me.

That painting looks AMAZING. We are the fortunate owners of a similar work on a much smaller scale, thanks to your talented husband.

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to be surrounded by original art! My dream is to have enough income someday to collect art. I love it and find it inspiring.

Something else that inspires me is reading other's writings. My writing group writes and reads to each other, and though the talent and experience level varies somewhat--it doesn't make a difference to me. I think anything that is expressed honestly is absolutely beautiful and inspiring. That must be why I love blogs so much!

Thanks for asking the question and getting me to think!

Brecke said...

That looks beautiful I can't wait to see it!