2.21.2007

And the Oscar Goes To...

Since I enjoy any occasion to watch pretty people dress up in pretty attire and win pretty things, I thought I'd document my predictions for Sunday's Academy Awards.

Now, by no means am I an expert in this field, nor have I seen most of the movies that are nominated... Yet, I still think I know who will win:

My pick: Helen Mirren, "The Queen" (I would, however, love to see Kate Winslet win. I just adore her.)
My pick: Forest Whitaker, "The Last King of Scotland" (Ever since the after-school show "Breaker High," Ryan Gosling is also a favorite.)

My pick: Jennifer Hudson, "Dreamgirls" (It would be cute to see Abigail Breslin win it for "Little Miss Sunshine." Those dance moves at the end of the movie could win it for her, but probably not.)

My pick: Eddie Murphy, "Dreamgirls" (If Marky-Mark won, I'd smile.)

Best Original Song:
'I Need to Wake Up' - Music and Lyric by Melissa Etheridge An Inconvenient Truth
'Love You I Do' - Music by Henry Krieger; Lyric by Siedah Garrett, Dreamgirls
'Our Town' - Music and Lyric by Randy Newman, Cars
'Patience' - Music by Henry Krieger; Lyric by Willie Reale, Dreamgirls
'Listen' - Music by Henry Krieger and Scott Cutler; Lyric by Anne Preven Dreamgirls
My pick: Randy Newman... The Academy (or whomever decides) loves this guy!

Best Animated Feature Film:
Cars
Happy Feet
Monster House
My pick: "Cars" (I saw this one with my nephew Elliot, and he loooved it.)

Achievement in Cinematography:
The Black Dahlia
Children of Men
The Illusionist
Pan's Labyrinth
The Prestige
My pick: "Pan's Laybrinth"

My pick: "Borat" (It's got to win something.)

My pick: "Letters From Iwo Jima" (Mainly because it won't win Best Film.)

My pick: Martin Scorsese (It's about time, and Eastwood has already won.)

My pick: "Babel" (Or, "Little Miss Sunshine")

We'll see if any of my predictions come true Sunday night! Wish me luck. (I'm going to need it.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I disagree with almost all of your predictions, so lets watch it together!!

Anonymous said...

Really?? What are yours?

Anonymous said...

I glad these are this years picks.