2.08.2007

Another Site Full of Music

Besides Pandora, I’ve found another great, customizable music website called finetune. The main difference between it and Pandora is the ability to build a playlist, and share it. Though, I did find 2 drawbacks with building your own playlist:

1. You need at least 46 songs to create a playlist. (But, if you’re stuck, and cannot think of anymore bands, you can ask for help. And, finetune will build some of it, too.) 2. The library is fairly limited. I looked for lots of bands they didn’t have… So, I stuck with some fairly general bands. However, they already have the new Shins album, which is pretty good, right?

Like Pandora, you can listen to a customizable radio station by entering an artist’s name… Then, finetune will build the station with other artists reminiscent of what you entered.

If you’d like to listen to my radio station, you can do so here. You'll notice I haven't ventured over the required 46 song limit... But, I'll be adding more tracks soon.

The site is free. You'll only need a login if you too would like to create a playlist. Upon sign-up, it only asks for your email address and name. (If you do create a playlist, let me know.)

Go on! Listen… You’ll like it!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I'm excited about your playlist! I'm trying to listen to it right now over the blarring FM 100. Thanks for sharing!

Lorilee said...

Can't wait to check it out! Thanks for the tip Lacey.

ali said...

Cooooool. This has the potential to be way neater than the iMix I just made.

Muchas gracias for the tip! I'll be building a list, eventually.