2.07.2007

Finally! Movies to Enjoy...

I can't even remember the last time Jeffrey and me went to the movies. (Was it really 'Little Miss Sunshine?') But, there was a time just a few months ago, where I wanted to see a handful of movies, but didn't get the chance... But, now I have another since these movies are out on DvD.

I'm excited to see:

"The Science of Sleep,” starring a dreamy Gael Garcia Bernal about his dreamy, dreams.


"Running With Scissors.” Wait. I'm not positive that I want to see this. I couldn't even finish the book it was so disturbing. But, there is a good cast.

And, out next week is "Marie Antoinette” starring Kristen Dunst. I've heard the storyline is not thrilling, but that visually it is. The 80'ish soundtrack is also a plus.

I'll always give Christopher Guest another chance, even if I'm not educated on the world of acting, as mimicked in ”For Your Consideration.” It's due out 2/20.

And, I'll admit "Talledega Nights" was not my favorte Will Ferrell movie, so hopefully I'll have better luck with ”Stranger Than Fiction.” I like it when comedians take a dramatic turn... This is out 2/27.


What else?


9 comments:

Kim said...

I'll join you for any of those!

allison said...

I also wanted to see 'the science of sleep', and 'for your consideration'...although I heard it's very short (just over an hour!). Those Christopher Guest movies will always be a hit in my book. I loved 'stranger than fiction'. There really havn't been many movies lately that I've been excited about, so thanks for the reminder!

jamieanne said...

You're right on about Marie Antoinette. I have never seen a more beautiful movie in my entire life. Every scene, every shot, every bit of fabric and metal and scenery is to die for! It is truly the epitome of eye candy. Delectable, desirable, dainty eye candy!

ali said...

Great roundup, Lace! I'm happy to say that Science of Sleep was my favorite movie of the year. But you already know that.

If you need a buddy for any of this movie-watching, you know who to call.

Bridgett said...

I want to see Stranger than Fiction as well. I really disliked Talladega Nights, but I have heard from many that Stranger than Fiction is very funny.

You have to see Science of Sleep. I loved it as well.

drew said...

Excuse me while I burp, fart and scratch. As the only guy to respond, let me just say that I don't think Jeff will like Stranger Than Fiction. I didn't like For Your Consideration as much as his others, but everyone I saw it with did. Maybe I was expecting too much?? I never saw Marie Antoinette, which surprises me since I LUH LUH LUHVED Lost In Translation, but I've heard the same opinion about it that you have, and am excited to Netflix it. I'm reading Running With Scissors now, so I'm waiting on the movie. HOWEVER, I've got to agree with Ali about The Science Of Sleep. Holy cow did I love that movie! The time machine especially. You'll know......

Unknown said...

I must be extremely boring because none of those shows looked good, besides

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments... If any of you see 'running with scissors,' let me know...

We did see 'The Science of Sleep,' and I absolutely loved it. So good... I'd love to discuss the ending, too.

I'm gonna watch it again, it was so good.

Anonymous said...

I wait to see running with scissors since I read the book, so lets watch it together!