2.06.2007

What Happened to 'Gilmore Girls?'

Another guilty pleasure of mine is spending time with both Lorelei and Rory Gilmore. I think this duo is one of the best on television. From their witty dialogue, smart pop-culture references, interesting character development, and good taste in music, (Sonic Youth played in the finale last season.) I was hooked from watching reruns three years ago.

Since that time, Rory has grown up, and is about to graduate from Yale. (Yep, she’s a smart cookie.) And, could Lorelei finally have found the man to keep her settled? (Guessing from next week’s previews, probably not.) But, after the main writers left the show last year, the dynamics of the show have changed.

The show’s not the same. The storyline and character development have stalled. Completely. Have they run out of ideas? Are they going to keep Rory repeatedly question if she should be a journalist or not? And, keep Lorelei alone forever?

I hope not. Though, I’d almost wish they would’ve stopped the show 2 seasons ago- that’s when the storyline could’ve ended… Lorelei marries Luke! Rory finds love and journalism! A happy ending indeed.

But, rather, they are dragging the story o u t.

I’d like the writers to wrap things up in true Gilmore fashion. I’m not sure if Lorelei and Luke are meant to be together, but it seems like the writers think so. And, I also do not like that Logan. (Who calls their girlfriend Ace anyway?) I just hope the show that I fell in love with comes back, and soon too. Otherwise, I’ll be stuck watching the reruns on ABCFamily to get my weekly dose of Gilmore.

The CW even started an online Pop Culture quiz featuring the Gilmore Girls… I haven’t taken it yet, but I have a good feeling I‘d pass. Take quiz
here, and watch the girls Tuesday at 7:00 on the CW. It'll get better; it has to!

2 comments:

ali said...

I've got to catch up on all this Gilmore Girl stuff. I'm so miserably out of the loop.

When is it on ABC Family, again?

Kim said...

Lacey I totally agree with you. Although I'm sure I would be sad if it wasn't on anymore. But I'm liking the old reruns better than the new stuff.