3.04.2007

Small Town Happiness


Jeff and I went out to Copperton (out by Kennecott Copper) yesterday for our niece's baptism. Head out West on 7800 South, and you'll run right into this small town. The streets are lined with unique, antique, non-cookie cutter homes.

Once you get out there, it feels like you've stepped back in time. In my back-in-time scenario, everyone knows their neighbors personally (and yes, there is that one neighbor who loves to gossip), kids can walk to friends homes late at night without any worry, and you can ride your bike or walk to get to school, the post office, and the local grocery store. There's even a local diner that serves superb apple pie and a hamburger that's to die for. (That element is for Jeffrey.) There are no big-box retailers, as everything is owned and supported by locals. (This fictional town is sounding a lot like Star's Hollow- "Gilmore Girls" residing home base.)

And, in the evening, everyone sits out on their porches and says hello to everyone who walks by while the sprinkler rings out its ch-ch-cheeee-ch-ch-cheeee sound while sipping lemonade.

If anyone's tempted to step back in time and live in Copperton, there's a house across the street from Jeff's sister's house. The asking price for small town happiness? Only $160,000.00.


(Unfortunately, my aging camera ran out of batteries before I could capture more of Copperton.)

3 comments:

ali said...

I love Copperton! I think it's awesome: Harvard/Yale architecture with a cooler history.

If I were to move out west, this is where you would find me. Sipping lemonade, too. :)

Lorilee said...

That sounds like my kind of neighborhood. I don't think we've been out there before, Cody and I should take a drive out to Copperton not only to see the cute houses/neighborhoods, but to get a great piece of apple pie and a delicious hamburger.

Anonymous said...

sissy you need to keep xtra batteries in your camera case.. over. zzzzz