3.07.2007

Introducing Bloglines


My friend at work who, like me, peruses a number of blogs. To handle the ever-increasing list of links I click through in the morning, she introduced me to Bloglines. If you haven’t heard of it, it could become your new morning go-to page.

Bloglines says “Create a personal Bloglines page loaded with the freshest news about the things you love.” It’s true- you add a feed to the blogs that you browse, then once a new post has been added, it’ll notify you.

There are many blogs I refer to daily that I’m positive will be updated daily (Your Heart Out, ali+curtis), but there are also those that don’t get updated daily (Lucky Me, Wishful Thinking). But, when they do- isn’t it the best surprise?! I love it. So in the morning rather than click through my entire friend’s links, I login to Bloglines, and it will tell me who has a new post on their Blog.

So, it can save you time.

The main drawback is it won’t show comments people have left on the blog. But, there is a direct link to the blog, so you can click through to get to the comments.

Blogline is also free. To sign-up, just give them your email address and create a password.

The only main feature I’ve played with is the ‘Feed’ function. That’s where you add URL’s of each of the blogs you’d like to feed to, by clicking ‘Add.’ And if a blog has a new post, the title of the blog will be bolded, and you know you’re in for a treat.

Give it a try… Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

ali said...

I think you can do a similar thing at www.del.icio.us. I've never used it though. Thanks for the tip!