3.01.2007

tilly and the wall.

I've heard of the band Tilly and the Wall, thought their name was intriguing, but I never really listened to their music. Recently, they've shown up quite frequently on my Pandora radio station, and I've fallen for the silly lyrics and heavy percussion.

Come to find out- the percussion is based on tap steps. Some of the songs have a Spanish flair, and, I'm sure it's attributed to the percussionist's tap dancing. (I just got back from my tap class where we're learning a dance acapella- so, no music. Our taps are providing the rhythm and music. It's a lot harder than it sounds. So, I have true admiration for Jamie W.- Tilly's tap dancer.)

They also provide very nice harmony, and the girl's vocals are so strong. But, some of their lyrics, unfortunately, are explicit.

If you hear a Conner O'berst-esque voice in the background, they were first signed to his record label for their first album. He also produced it.

Some of their song titles include: 'Nights of the Living Dead,' 'Ice Storm, Big Gust, and You,' to 'Bad Education.'

Their website sure is beautiful, too.

I think I could become best-friends with this band! But their music will do for now.

Listen! It'll make you happy.

2 comments:

ali said...

My friend Dirk introduced me to Tilly a few years back at Anthropologie. (Has it really been that long?)

I was an instant fan simply because of the tap dancer. I would try and tap around the sales floor without anyone catching me. :)

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see those moves!