4.23.2007

In Casting News...

Another guilty pleasure of mine? "The Time Traveller's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger. I probably read this book 3 years ago, but its still a favorite.

Rumors had been swirling that they were going to make this into a movie (just like everything else). As to how they were going to depict Henry, the main character, who time travels naked, was beyond me. But, we'll soon find out, as they are, indeed, adapting this book into a movie!

They've announced that Rachel McAdams is playing Clare and Eric Bana is playing Henry.


I'm actually satisfied with the choices. As for the adaption of the screenplay, that will be an entirely different story... One worth reading, not viewing, if you already haven't.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I'm still reading this book, that's right, it is taking me this long and not because I'm not enjoying every second of it, I just fall asleep at the drop of a hat. Anyway thanks for the reccomendation on the book, I love it and I'm actually kind of interested to see how the movie pans out. Hopefully I'll be done with the book by then.

Lorilee said...

I have the chills Lacey.
This is, I dare say, is my all- time favorite book. I feel a closeness to it in a strange way, and when people don't like it, I get really defensive. weird.
Anyway--I, too, am sort-of excited for the movie.. sort-of nervous. But I am happy about the Rachel McAdams choice for Claire. We'll have to see it together.

ali said...

I better start reading...

Who'll let me borrow their copy?

Aimee said...

Lacey - this is Scott Heffernan's wife and I know you from junior high through Brianne. Remember? Well sometimes I look at your blog because I saw you on Kim's links.

Anyway, I am always shy to comment but I decided, why not this time?

I am obsessed with this book. I was totally blown away and if it were me writing it I could've called my life over because I would've been complete with my accomplishment in writing such a beautiful piece of art.....but I didn't write it so I feel like it is my duty to get everyone else to read it, ya know?

Don't know how I feel about Eric Bana but I have a girl crush on Rachel McAdams (and was sad to read this is weeks Us Weekly that she and Ryan once-a-mormon Gosling are on a break). So nervous and excited for the movie cause I don't want to be dissappointed like I was with Memoirs of a Geisha.

Anyway. Hi. I like your blog. Its so pretty.

Lacey Jane said...

Yay! Hi Aimee... I love to find friends in the blogosphere... I'm on my way to view your blog...

Eric Bana, I think, is pretty dreamy... at least he was in 'Troy,' not sure about him in the 'Hulk.'

Aimee said...

only know him as the hulk but he may redeem himself in the Drew Barrymoore movie??