5.07.2007

me too.

At one of the YW activities the other night, I overheard a conversation that went something like this:

"Oh my gosh, I love that book."
"Me too. I've read it 3 times."
"I love how they haven't even kissed, yet."
"I know! And, he really is beautiful. I just know it."
"But, you've never even seen him before..."
"I have in my dreams."

(Really.)

At this point, I had to interject: "What are you guys talking about?"

After which a chorus of shrieking girls reply: "Twilight! The best book... Ever!"

Ah-hah... Something I can relate to. So, I say, "Oh, I have heard about that book... isn't it about vampires?"

"Yes! It's seriously sooo good."

But, then, I get drowned out as they busily talk about their favorite parts of the book.

I've seen this book highlighted in the blogosphere, (I think Lori's reading it right now.) and I'll admit, I feel left out when everyone's reading something that I haven't. (Especially if it's something I can talk about with my YW.)

So, I picked it up on Saturday, and I'm already on page 147. True, it is a Young Adult novel, and sure, a lot of the dialogue does seem immature... But, what can I say? I, too, am finding out about this beautiful vampire named Edward.

Finally, something I can talk about with my Beehives.

Intrigued?

6 comments:

Lorilee said...

This is so funny Lacey..because the same thing happened to me, except for I was already half way through the book before I heard my Young Women talking about it. I didn't really know it was a young adult book (I mean, it's on the New York Times best seller list) and I felt stupid reading the same book 8th graders are gushing over. Especially when after we were done discussing Twlight, they asked me..."Have you read the book 'Prom' or 'The Clique'?"
That's when I was like, ok ok...laughing inside.

Lorilee said...

Anyway...forgot to say that I really do like the book, don't know if I'd read it 3 times--or even twice for that matter, but once is good!

Katie said...

ummm...hi lacey, it's me katie, annelises friend. i don't know if you remember me, but i had to comment. I LOVE TWILIGHT and New Moon and can't wait for Eclipse. my husbancd is Stephenie Meyer's 2nd cousin! and my sister is her official tshirt distributor. i finished reading the first 2 books and told annelise about them. i don't think she ever got a chance to pick them up and read them. anyways, i got all excited when i read what you wrote. that's all. :)

Katie said...

btw, it gets better at around page 250. picture edward looking like Henry Cavill....he's absolutely beautiful! and bella Emily Brown or maybe it's Browning? you can go to www.stepheniemeyer.com and see who she pictures as her characters.

Lacey Jane said...

Hi Katie!

Such a small world, and of course I remember one of Annelisa's bestest friends...

Thanks for the head's up on the book... I'm almost to page 250. :)

And, Lori, 'Prom' was to die for....

jk.

Bridgett said...

I have to admit that I have read the first one and just got the second one from the library (it took a month to get here after requesting iit. must be popular.) Anyway, I thought it was a fun read. Sometimes you just need something that doesn't make you think and brings you back to you teenage years when you probably would have read it five times and daydreamed about handsome vampires falling in love with you.