5.13.2007

We Did It.

My mom, sister, and I woke up bright and early on Saturday to join 16,000 (!) others to run/walk/jog and Race For a Cure. It was my first time running this specific race, and what an inspiration it was.

Breast cancer survivors dressed in pink, while other supporters dressed in white, out together rooting for the same cause.

I loved seeing my mom's smile as she crossed the finish line. She's one strong lady. (I only beat her time by 3 minutes!)

So many brave souls where running for their loved ones who passed on. I saw many images of women who lost the battle to cancer, but their family was still there fighting for them.

It was an awe-inspiring sight. I'm so glad I got to see it.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I think I would have been pouring my eyes out just being there! Sounds amazing. Well done.

Lorilee said...

I always tear up half way through the race, it's amazing to see how many people breast cancer really effects.
I'm glad you had fun Lacey. I know I did too.

Dede said...

What an awesome opportunity! Thanks for sharing.

ali said...

Way to go! I'm proud of you.