5.10.2007

welcome, Spring.

Here's a mix I made for my Mix Club last week... I forgot to mention it, but wanted to before Summer creeps up on us. (Especially since it already feels like it's here.)

  1. Icicles... Let's Go Sailing
  2. Hummingbird... Wilco
  3. The Fairest of the Seasons... Nico
  4. I’m a Broken Heart... The Bird & The Bee
  5. Sundress... Ben Kweller
  6. Sunny Road... Emiliana Torrini
  7. Just To See My Holly Home... Bonnie "Prince" Billy
  8. Lark... Au Revoir Simone
  9. Another Sunny Day... Belle and Sebastian
  10. Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie... Joanna Newsom
  11. Make a Plan to Love Me... Bright Eyes
  12. My Slumbering Heart... Rilo Kiley
  13. I'm Looking Through You... The Beatles
  14. Birmingham 1982... Maria Taylor
  15. Love is a Place... Metric
I absolutely love Wilco's lyrics to Hummingbird, which has lovely imagery:

His goal in life was to be an echo
The type of sound that floats around
and then back down
Like a feather
But in the deep chrome canyons of the loudest Manhattans
No one could hear him
Or anything

So he slept on a mountain
In a sleeping bag underneath the stars
He would lie awake and count them
And the gray fountain spray of the great Milky Way
Would never let him
Die alone

Welcome, Spring!

You can sample this mix via iTunes here.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice mix! You have a Mix Club. That is very cool. I'll have to check some of these songs out. Cheers

Anonymous said...

I have a confession, Lacey. I've been following your music recommendations for a while now, and you have incredible taste. I just downloaded this mix and I'm excited to play it over and over today while the sun spills in my windows. Thank you!

Lorilee said...

Thanks for the music Lacey! I will definately check out..

Lacey Jane said...

Thanks, Tiffany! Glad you like my music as much as I do! Hope you like the mix. I sure have!

ali said...

I want one that I don't have to download. (Wink, wink.)