6.14.2007

brown paper packages

Look at all of these sweet treats that arrived on my door step, shipped all the way from South Korea. My sweet cousin, Annelise, never fails to forget a birthday. (Mine's at the end of the month.) And, this sure was a sweet surprise, as Annelise and Dave are currently traveling to Indonesia to continue their jet-setting... Can't believe she remembered!

I'm excited to try new treats that have never entered this mouth (which is a rarity), including small Cola capsules, and gummy treats that look like noodles. She also sent a treat for my wrist- look at that watch! and slippers for my feet... so thoughtful.

She also included a note, from Korea, that had a (supposed) English quote at the top of the page:

"I will always be there for you. I promise you with these five words, when you breath, I'll be there as an oxygen."

How awesome is that? I know that Annelise knew I'd appreciate it!

I love finding brown paper packages tied up with string on my doorstep, especially when they're put together with such thought and then journey clear across the ocean just to get to little old me... I cherish it. Love you Lise, and thank you. Be safe.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

There is NOTHING like a package in the mail.

Love the quote on the note. Classic.