6.13.2007

Lennon Tribute Album

Tonight I went over to my parent's house to help my mom fill her new Shuffle. On my way over I stopped at F.Y.E. to search for a couple albums I've been dying to get my hands on. (Yes, the full album- I want every single song- case included.)

I feel like my iTune library is exhausted, and I need to get that feeling you get when you absolutely, positively, assuredly find a song that you... love.

I even bought an album tonight that I thought I wanted. I paid $16, and immediately put it into my car stereo. While listening, I realized it was the wrong album. Not even close to what I wanted. (I wanted Mirah, instead I got Mira. The Mira without an h is not a good thing.)

Bummed that I wasted $16, and sad that I couldn't fill the music void I've had all week, I helped my mom find songs that filled that void for her.

But, then I saw that the John Lennon tribute album is now available on iTunes. I previewed a couple tracks and instantly! that void was filled.

I'm so in love with Gibbard's voice as he sings:

God bless our love, God bless our love.

And, I can't get enough of Ms. Regina Spektor singing:

No need to be alone, it's real love, yes, it's real love.

Just as blissful? The Flaming Lips singing:

Our life together is so precious... together.

Anyhow, these are the only tracks that I utterly loved... But, there's at least 34 contributing artists... so, I think you'll find something for yourself too.

It's available via iTunes for a preview.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh dear. I have not heard of Mirah or Mira and I'm sorry I did find that story a little amusing!
I'm wondering if I have some music here that you haven't heard of but could be your favourite new thing?? Hmm, me thinks I shall make you a birthday cd.

Aimee said...

Mira is FOR SURE different than Mirah! How utterly disappointing.

Checking out the tribute album now....

Anonymous said...

Thanks for yet another great suggestion. Regina Spektor singing John Lennon? I must be dreaming.

ali said...

Is it available for a burn? Hehe.

How was FYE? Haven't ever been.