6.03.2007

TeamWork

On Saturday morning my family and I traveled to Salem, Utah to take part of the Salem Triathlon. My family divided up into sets of 3 to make up 1 triathlon team- all together we had 3 teams. Each person competed in 1 part of the race: swimming (1/2 mile), biking (12 miles), or running (5K). My team, #135, made up of my brother Beau as swimmer, Jeff as biker, and me as runner. And, together, we did amazing.

Also amazing? To see my family cheer each other on, root and push one another to cross the finish lines. It was such a joyous sight to see my dad racing down the hill amongst all the triathletes... and yet, when he saw someone who needed help, he jumped off his bike to assist them.

And, truly, that was what Saturday was about. There definitely was no 'i' in any of the teams on Saturday. We each rooted to our heart's content to push each other over the finish line. And, there's no way I could've done the triathlon on my own. I needed Beau to swim for me, and I needed Jeff to ride for me... And, maybe they needed me to run for them, too. (At least that's what I hope.)

So, 3 cheers to my family! We did it... together. Yay!

6 comments:

Kim said...

I've been dying to hear how everything went! I'm glad to hear everyone finished, you have such a cute family! Congratulations to everyone on finishing!

Aimee said...

Your family sounds fun.

Dede said...

That's awesome!!!

Justin Brown said...

zzz You did great lacey! i will email you the photo of you running then you could post it!!

Anonymous said...

That sounds really fun and healthy. Was this a real triathalon or was it something you and your family organized? Either way it is a great idea.

Anonymous said...

If you could have been team 187 that would have been way more intimidating, but team 135 is still cool.