7.11.2007

That Voice...

Not sure if anyone has noticed a reoccurring theme within much of the music I listen to. I totally fall for pretty, light, '50-esque voices. (See Camera Obscura, Amy Millan, The Postmarks, El Perro del Mar, Headlights, and Let's Go Sailing.)

But, I've recently discovered two bands that still have strong female vocals, but don't fit into the aforementioned trait-vocal-box.

If you can take time to listen, you won't be disappointed.

First, Loquat... (For some reason, the reference links are not working! This band's myspace page can be found at http://www.myspace.com/loquat.)

They cover Morrissey's 'There's a Light That Never Goes Out' so differently that I had to think whose song this really belongs to. I also really enjoy 'Swingset Chain EP...'

Second, Built For The Sea... (Their myspace page is http://www.myspace.com/builtforthesea.)

Admittedly, there's not much vocal prowess here, (who am I to judge?), but I want to listen again, again, and again. (Especially to that 'Move In Time' song.)

Maybe you will too?

3 comments:

ali said...

Mmm. I like.

Anonymous said...

I am still pretty stoked on Au Revoir Simone. Thanks for the recommendation.

Les said...

Built For The Sea is pretty nice. thanks!