8.05.2007

Elephant Cookies

My sister introduced these cookies to me, and I really thought they were from Great Harvest. They've got a special crunch to them. And, they're fairly big, but that's not a problem for me, as I can eat and eat and eat any and most cookies, especially these:


The recipe calls to create large scoops of dough: yummy.





Here's the recipe:

1 C. Shortening
1 C. Sugar
2/3 C. Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 t. Vanilla
1 C. Flour
1 t. Baking Soda
1/2 t. Baking Powder
1/2 t. Salt
2 C. Oats
2 C. Corn Flakes (Secret ingredient!)
1 C. Choco Chips

Cream shortening and sugars in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla, then add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly add cornflakes and oats and mix until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Scoop with large cookie scoop onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees.

9 comments:

marta said...

wow. these sound amazing. two things i love: great harvest and cookies. (and elephants for that matter.) mmm. thanks for the recipe!

Unknown said...

you are making my mouth water! The one craving I have had since leaving the states are homemade cookies! Yum!

allison said...

these look delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I think I will make these for our drive to SLC! Perfect roadtrip treat! Thanks Lacey J

Aimee said...

mmmmmm...... thanks for the recipe.

ali said...

This is the one recipe I was never supposed to get my hands on. It's toooo good.

Kim said...

Ummmm those look so yummy I wish I had them in front of me right now. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Cannon said...

I stumbled across your blog. I can't even remember how :) I'm glad you guys are doing well! I have a blog too, it is marklisacannon.blogspot.com. I'm going to add you to my fiends, I hope you don't care!
Those cookies look great, I may make them tomorrow!

the mama monster said...

hi lacey this is jackie from usu. these cookies look so good... i love great harvest cookies, i have a similiar recipe but with no cornflakes. i think that with wheat flou, butter and oat flour it would be pretty dang close to their recipe. anyways good to " see" you. oh yeah we went to the alpine slide for grandmas day a few weeks ago, i loved to coaster, i am jealous that you got to go so many times!