2.05.2010

New Music... finally!

Sheesh- I feel like I've been in a music stump for way too long. I don't know if I'm more particular about music these days, but not much has tickled my eardrums as of late. However, these two bands have:

The Watson Twins


I was first introduced to this duo when they were the backing vocals for Jenny Lewis' debut solo album. So, to hear them as the main vocals is very refreshing. Listen here. (New album comes out next week.)

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros



I was introduced to this band on NPR's All Songs Considered Weekly Podcast- which I finally caught up with- and really enjoy them. They're different and catchy and awesome. Listen here. (The track "Home" will be sure to be on my Valentine's Mix.)

What are you listening to?

3 comments:

Carlye Momma said...

I LOVE that song "Home". It's on my Valentine's playlist on my bliggetty blog. SO fun! :-) Thanks for the references. Fun new music!

Jo said...

cool to know about the new watson twins, i love them!

and lately, i've been listening to fanfarlo (went to their concert on friday and it was great!)

Allison said...

just discovered that 'magnetic zeros' band too. I love the song "40 day dream".

I love new music! thanks for sharing.