2.04.2007

Review of the SuperBowl, by a non-football fan.

If I wasn’t invited to watch the Superbowl with friends, I probably wouldn’t have watched. Four hours of watching slippery Colts and Bears tackle, fumble, touchdown is too long for me.

It’s not the game I usually enjoy watching either… I look forward to the commercials. But, even then, this year… weren’t they disappointing? (Especially the GoDaddy.com, the Chevy singing commercial, and the overload of Budweiser commercials.) The Coca Cola commercial I liked (the play on Grand Theft Auto) wasn’t even a new commercial.

Regardless of the commercials, there is the half-time to look forward to… Prince, or, the symbolic symbol of Prince, sang an array of famous songs, and random covers… What was he doing covering the Foo Fighters anyhow? I did, however, enjoy the tambourine player… She was something else.

Anyhow… I snacked too much, still didn’t understand the game of football, and wanted all the players to go inside and get out of that rain…

But, if we are invited to the Bedkes next year to watch the game, count me in.

(By the way, I had no idea that Peyton Manning was a Mormon.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree I kept waiting for the funniest commercials and I didn't see one except K FED brilliant! oh and the car getting washed by naked old men that was way funny!
I liked when MTV did the half times! The good old days,,,,

ali said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto and ditto. :)

Kim said...

Agreed with Brecke. The only funny commercial I saw was the KFed one. That was hilarious.